Monday, June 02, 2008

Good times...

Every so often you have one of those weekends that is full of the good stuff. This was one of those weekends. Friday night we celebrated my girl's birthday. Good friends, good food, good conversation....and even a bit of irony for kicks. This guy that the birthday girl had talked about fixing me up with some months ago, came through. Not bad looking at all...but had slight undertones of corniness. Anyway, the old potential fix-up guy and one of my other girls ended up hitting it off, at least for the night..lol, seemingly quite well. When another friend asked me, in so many words, if I was bothered by it...I said, not at all. The way I see it, he just wasn't for me. As for my girl who ended up interacting with him...she got what she needed and possibly peeped the scene enough for all of us to know that this was no major loss for any of us. Nice save! lol.

Saturday the family had a good old-fashioned cookout in celebration of achievements. Despite the torrential downpours and weather that seemed to indicate the second coming, everything turned out well. Cookout food always does the soul good! A few friends came through that I always love spending time with. So, we got to hang out, laugh, catch up and play a couple of spirited rounds of a Taboo-like game involving describing and guessing. Completely hilarious...with me breaking out in contagious chants of 'Attica! Attica!' when I felt the other team was cheating...lololol.

Later on that evening, I had to break away from the game to get dressed to go to an organization function. Was having too much fun and didn't want to go, but I eventually sucked it up and got ready. I felt like such a pretty-girl with the fam and friends smiling when I came back downstairs all glammed up. Nice. I felt like it was prom...lol...I was taking pictures in my dress with folks before I left. Anyway, finally made it to the function, two hours late, and hung out for the remaining 2 hours. The DJ was actually quite nice, but don't think I would've missed anything had I not shown up...except for the fact that my agreed upon date for the evening would've have been left by himself. He's still talking about me for being that late...lol. I think I owe him two hours now. :)

Sunday morning I made it to the early service at church and the message was on point. Love that. Sunday afternoon, my rec team FINALLY won a game (and tied one too)! WOOOO HOOOO!!!! It's been a long time coming, but we finally made it to the other side. This is only our second season playing in this league, and while we have quite an athletic squad, the win had been quite elusive. Nevertheless, we found it on Sunday. Post-win found my team at the division bar celebrating. A handful of team drinks later, the events just kept getting funnier and funnier. I almost caught a back cramp from laughing so hard...yes, a back cramp...that's serious...lol. My team is great.

By the end of the evening, I was exhausted from the weekend and playing outside in the heat all day. Luckily, I didn't have to go to work Monday, which made the weekend all the better. Although, now that I'm sitting here after midnight, Tuesday's going to be a long day...lol. But, it's cool, cause the weekend was nothing but good times...so that should at least push me through to the next one... :-D

No comments: