Tuesday, October 28, 2008

When it rains...

...it pours. Is it just me, or when there's a new him to like, do folks start coming out the woodworks? It must be some type of documented phenomenon. In less than a week's time, one friend who I haven't hung out with in awhile wants to take me out...one friend who previously wanted us to swear on our 'just friends' status stepped in clear violation of it...one friend is quietly conveying his interest, only quietly because he is at the beginning of the official ending of his circumstance...and one guy whose lack of availability due to his job caused me to take my focus off of him, has resurfaced with two visits and several I miss yous. Seriously? It's almost laughable. I can be chillin by myself for months and months at a time. No one in particular calling. No one particularly interested in my whereabouts. No one checking for me. No one vying for my nights or weekends. Am I mad about it? Lol. No. Just kinda amused I guess. I guess that's the cycle...drought and deluge. It's cool though...I'll just put on my rain boots and see what the rest of the rainy season brings...giving particular preference to the fresh new rain. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must be nice...drought never feels good, so enjoy the "deluge" (new word for me) and be choosy! You deserve it. Can't wait for my turn. :-)

GemisMyName said...

Yes...please soak it up, lol<:)

Eb the Celeb said...

ugh isnt that both the worst and the best at the same time...

T.a.c.D said...

you know what they say....cold in your summer, hot in your winter...

enjoy it!!!!