Friday, November 14, 2008

Just another Manic Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday...


Why am I feeling like this every morning? I'm dragging. It's a struggle for me to get out of bed on time and subsequently, to work on time. I mean...I like my job well enough. But, if my response to jobs is at all like my response to men...then just liking it well enough may be the problem. I don't not want to have my job. (Especially in this tough economic time.) There are elements that I find interesting and at times challenging. But, there are other things that truly invigorate me. Writing...photography...creating things...planning things... Those are the things that will find me happily wide awake at 2am. The things that excite me. My job is what I went to school for...it is technical...science and math. Factual areas. But, I am a creative being. And I sometimes wonder if I left the science & math, if my being would still be as creative. I don't know. Just breathing out the thoughts this morning.

Sigh. Time to make the donuts....

3 comments:

jendayi said...

hey lady. so i just got laid off thursday. no more finance at essence magazine. i'm sad to see such a great chapter of my life come to end, but i'm excited to pursue writing and acquire a certificate in photography while doing so. it may not pay the bills like my finance job did, but at what other opportunity will i be able to do this?!

i wouldn't recommend letting go of your job, but why not dabble in photography the way you want to. you better get ur side hustle on girl! the steady 9 to 5 might not always be there!

GemisMyName said...

Hey ladybug...I don't know anyone more creative than you that actually taps into their talent. How much more can you do? You are the bomb!!! Just my two cents...

I know how you feel though...I can't wait to see you.

But maybe it's just me... said...

@j.a.c. - I would normally be inclined to say I'm sorry you were laid off...but I'm more feeling like this is your path and your time. (Btw, I just read your 'Pouring My Heart Out' which reinforces my feeling) Congrats on your new pursuits!! I'm excited for you and whatever is next for you.

I actually have several side hustles in both writing & photography...and am thinking that perhaps it may be time to take the next step...whatever that is. That's another blog by itself...lol.

@preciousgem - Aww...thanks P. I think that maybe it's just time for me to do more. And it was great to hang out with you this wknd!