Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Melting the Melancholy

So, I had a pretty bad case of the doldrums last week. The perfect prescription for remedy (at least temporarily) was a weekend of friends and simple fun. Friday night we celebrated a friend's birthday by gliding across the ice...okay okay...so gliding may be too smooth of a word to describe my motion...but, I successfully made my way around the rink many times...lol. We even played ice tag, which could've been a recipe for disaster, but we all finished with no bumps or bruises, at least for the most part. Ice skating was followed by music and games at his house til the early hours of the morning. Good times.

Saturday I was a complete vegetable. Bonded with my couch all day and watched several movies. I really enjoyed 27 Dresses...cute movie. In the evening I met up with my rec team for late night bowling. We had a blast and shut the alley down. My team is absolutely hilarious and I could not have thought of a better way to spend my evening. I hung out with those crazies until almost 6am...lol.

Sunday afternoon I visited a friend who had recently relocated locally. We had a good afternoon/evening of girlfriend time - conversation, hair-doing, movies...good stuff. You know, quality girlfriendships, new and old, are so valuable. Thank goodness for them.

It was a great weekend. Perfect for pulling me out of the melancholy place I was in on Friday. I have a renewed sense of...making moves. More to come in my next entry.

1 comment:

GemisMyName said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!! If no one's told you today...you are fabulous, beautiful, talented, smart, and LOVED!!!<:)