Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Part III - 8 things I was thinking in the voting line...

My two hours worth of random thoughts while I was waiting to vote:

1. This is awesome. I've never seen this many people come out to vote at my polling place. Cool.

2. Next personal research project: election reform. Surely there has to be a better way to streamline national elections.

3. Why do we only have 15 voting booths here?

4. A voting man is sexy. Yay to all the attractive brothas that were in line with me...it made the time go by faster...lol.

5. I wonder how many black boys will now feel differently about what they CAN do.

6. If Obama is elected, I hope that Black folks don't expect immediate change just because he is Black. If you weren't rich today, you won't automatically be rich on January 20th. He'll need some time. And let us not forget...if elected, he'll be the president of the U.S., not of Black America. His responsibility is to the whole country.

7. Man...I really can't imagine having been around in the time where our parents/grandparents/great-grands didn't have the right to vote. I wonder if I would have had the same strength they did to protest, boycott and fight. Two hours is nothing compared to some of the things they went through. Ever forward!

8. What's next?

No comments: