Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Good Black Man Day - OOOOOWEEEEE!

Some days the brown men get me down. And some days they make me want to sing...lol. Yesterday was one of those days.


  • --I was on my way out of the building to go to lunch. I got on the elevator and this tall, slim brotha with locks complimented me on my facial features...asked me where my people were from and I told him...Maryland and Alabama...lol. He laughed and I told him beyond my grandmother, some of my people are from the West Indies, to which he said, Aha...that's what I see in your face. I smiled. There's nothing like a unexpected compliment on an elevator from a man with beautiful locks. Anyway, everybody got off the elevator and I ended up chatting with him and his coworker who were both at the building to handle some business. They were breaking for lunch and asked if I'd like to go. Normally I say...umm...I don't know you like that...lol...but instead this time I said, sure. (But we still took two separate cars...lol) The three of us went to lunch, did some networking and I particularly enjoyed my conversation with Slim about art and doing what you have to do in parallel with life passions.
  • --I spent some time talking with one of my male friends. He's such a good guy and never ceases to have be doubled over in tears from laughing so hard. He's my constant reminder that the truly good ones are out there. (He's married, but I'm still believing that there are others like him who are not!)

My other encounters were much more superficial, but you need that sometimes, too. :)

  • --I was driving out of a shopping center and there was a man SO FINE standing on the sidewalk with his shirt tie on that I momentarily turned into a redneck cause all I could say in my car was... OOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! LOLOLOL!
  • --I had to take my company car over for servicing. There was this extremely attractive gentleman standing at the door on my way out. He spoke, asked me how I was and when I said good, he said, you certainly are...and followed me out the door to watch me walk to the car. Somedays it makes you roll your eyes and other days it just makes you giggle. Yesterday I giggled. ;)

  • --When I got back to work, I got on the elevator and this cute guy who works somewhere else in the bldg got on with me. We chatted, I gave him some witty conversation. As I got off on my floor, I left him laughing and smile. (hi-five to self!)

And last but not least...

  • --When I got home, Slim had found me on Facebook and sent me a message. Nice. :)

Oh those brown men. Gotta love them. At least some days. LOL!

2 comments:

jendayi said...

NIce!!!! How did you get all that in one day?! Lol. Don't you hate to love 'em!?

GemisMyName said...

Damn I'm jealous!! Where do you work again? I know what you mean...they make me sick with their fine selves, esp the ones with locks!! <:)