Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Great week...and it's only Tuesday!

Why this has already been a great week....



  1. Sunday afternoon my kickball team (yes, my grown folk kickball team...lol) had our first game of the fall season. (Don't sleep...the game is back...check it out...www.kickball.com) This is our third season in the league and the first two definitely were our 'building' seasons...lol. Sunday, we put it down! Not only did we play well, we won by a nice healthy margin. Victory!!! After the game, the team hung out at a Mexican restaurant for lots of good conversation and laughs. Yay team!!


  2. Yesterday I had a dentist appointment. Now...that in and of itself did not bring joy to my day...lol. But, what did was when I walked into my dentist's office and found all of the staff in the reception area participating in their very own...office Olympics!!! They were in the middle of a basket toss type game when I came in...and this was the final event that would decide who took the gold. At the end, there was a medal ceremony, where each of the teams was awarded either a gold, silver or bronze (plated) medal (light plate cover on a ribbon). :) I was privileged enough to witness the moving ceremony and even take a picture for the participants. Long live the Olympics!!!! :-D


  3. Last night a few of my girls came over for dinner and some catch-up conversation. Good food and good company. We caught up in between the speakers at the DNC. Which leads me to the final excitement for the week this far...


  4. How about Michelle Obama????????????????!!!!! I'm always proud to be a black woman, but last night let the rest of the world know why. I mean, Michelle put it down, absolutely. She came out there, made the message plain and showed America that she is what so many of us are...woman-daughter-sister-mother-wife-professional-activisit-caregiver....all in one. I have no doubt that some, if not many, have cast Michelle Obama in the same stereotypical light of the 'angry black woman'...for the same reason that many of us are. Because we are professional. Because we are serious about ourselves and our business. Because we decided some time ago, that we don't have time for the silliness. Because we are strong. Because we will defend and stand strong for our loved ones. Because although we are ladies, we will always have the fight in us. Because we are capable of filling so many roles at one time that folks may think we're schizophrenic. And this is why I think Michelle Obama is great. Not because she is the exception. But because she is the rule. She is representing for so many of us in such a wonderful way. Yes America, put it down in history, THIS is how WE roll.


No comments: