Thursday, August 21, 2008

When I reminisce over you/Someone take my cell phone away

So this is one of those days where I've spent a little too much time staring out the window, stuck in past thoughts and flashbacks...doing a little skipping down memory lane. This is one of those days where I woke up thinking about an old him who used to make me...smile. We don't talk anymore...haven't talked to him in more than a year now. But today, I was at work thinking, damn. That old him. Had to remind myself...he's an old him for a reason... Had to call my girl to have her talk me off the ledge and talk me out of a random text or phone call. Lol. Man, reason #657 that I love me some Jill Scott lyrics...her song was in my head all day...explains it so perfectly...




Old him. O' him. I swear these days come out of nowhere. Okay, if I can make it through the rest of today without unauthorized communication, I think I'll be good. Whatever...forget him...I'm a grown A woman with strength and will power...he don't got nothing on me...he's old news...I got this.

(...er...was that convincing enough?????????) Keep your fingers crossed for a sista, would ya!?

3 comments:

jendayi said...

You must be in my head because I feel like this right now. I sent the text tho. "Today's one of those Mondays where I wish I weren't single. When I think of why I am, it saddens me all over again. Have a good day." (Background info - He broke my heart and now wants me back but I know he's not the one.) He's 3 hours behind, so I haven't received a response. I'm hoping he doesn't give me one. I shouldn't have texted him.

But maybe it's just me... said...

Ahh...yes...single-dom can strike hard sometimes and make us do what we know we shouldn't just to make contact with a him. I say grant yourself some leniency on this one and ignore any response he may give. Whatcha think?

GemisMyName said...

You are sooo funny. Please don't make me come and hijack that cell phone. But then again, as you always tell me, it's sometimes okay to allow yourself to go there....I guess