Monday, April 06, 2009

On the move...

I have been...on the grind. I can't believe it's been 4 some odd months since I've been here. Wow. I got a not so anonymous note saying that my blog missed me. :) Thanks lady...lol! :) Funny enough, I've missed my blog, too. I've had many days where I knew specifically what I wanted to write about, what I wanted to share. But, then I got busy again, and off I went. But today, I'm here. Determined to catch up.

I've spent the past few months working on my crafts and trying to improve them. I've thrown myself head first back into my photography. Yay! It's been exhilarating and exhausting all at the same time - just what all good things should be...lol. I shot my first wedding at the end of last year and that was a truly awesome experience. Aside from all the nervousness and preparation before hand and all the hard work and follow-up afterwards, I loved it. In the moment, I loved it. I loved capturing their emotions and the moments and the memories. I felt light. Just like I do when I'm writing new poems or creating other new things. It's been great. I feel like my creativity has been thriving. Almost too many ideas to manage. At least when combined with my everyday duties and responsibilities. I still struggle with balance. This side of me often threatens a coup d'etat over the everyday part of me. Perhaps not a bad thing, though?

Either way, it's been...cool. Good. I'm not sure about everything, but that's okay. I just know that I'm driven to pursue the creativity. So I will. My creativity is on the run and I'm determined to keep up!

1 comment:

GemisMyName said...

YAY!!!! You're back. Please believe that I will not hesitate to send another note, if you decide to pull another Houdini move.

But since I'm privy to the fruit of all your creativity...I'll give you a pass for your absence...THIS TIME. That's just my twisted way of saying I love your "streams of consciousness" and I missed you.<:)