Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Case of Mr. Krush Groove

So the latest in my schoolgirl crush on the brown man who works in my building...he will be here after referred to as KG (Krush Groove)...lol.

My two coworkers who sit out front have been on the KG case since they saw me grinning from ear to ear after seeing him a few weeks ago. I only gave them minimal details cause you know once you tell other folks, they start trying to take it farther and faster than you were ever trying to go. They've been like hilarious KG private eyes, trying to figure out who he is. One of them actually had picked KG out, but I brushed it off like I didn't know who she was talking about. I mean, I'm just trying to live my dream right now. LOL.

Anyway, today, KG was on my floor and my girl from the front called to tell me she thought my crush was out there. I came out, plans in hand (cause I had to look like I had purpose!) and sure enough, there he was...chillin against the wall, waiting for a meeting to end. I strolled by, said hello and kept walking. I walked over to my girl and was like...nah...that's not him. Lol. On my way back through, KG and I started chatting. Our official first conversation. We talked about what we did at work, how long we'd been there, the recession, where we were from....and per my usual M.O., his people are from the islands...I definitely have a thing for the brown guys with an all the time or occasional or underlying Jamaican/Trini/African/etc accent. (There's something about a man who knows how to use the word wicked!) He asked me my name and told me his. We wrapped our convo when his official business on our floor came calling. And so we parted ways.

It was cool. But I guess I'm concerned that any additional information could damage my perfect views of KG. Silly, huh? I don't want the girls up front to know cause I feel like they might taint it by trying to push it and get all sorts of information. For now, I'd like to continue to run into him sporadically and giggle to myself...and spot him from the window, tilt my head to the right and think...I like his style...and let him just be my KG with no expectations or disappointments involved. I have enough real life disappointing guys/situations.

So for now, I'll continue to deny their questions and uphold the ignorance is bliss theory. Me and Krush Groove sitting in a tree...yep, I like this better.

2 comments:

GemisMyName said...

Dang, I'd love the be a fly on the walls of your office. I want know more about KG too, but who needs reality when you can just make up your fanatasy and stay smiling and giggling? I love this, I want to have a crush on someboday too!!! I'm all tuned for the next episode.

jendayi said...

oh i love that because i know exactly what you mean. i've been crushing on this guy i know for 7 years (in and out of relationships). in the last 3 weeks however, we've been spending more time together, and i'm afraid! what if i lose "the giggle"?!! i like crushing! can i just crush please?

this was very well written by the way. especially the last part about looking out the window and cocking your head to the side. i felt like i was watching a movie. love it!